Thursday, 16 October 2014

Week 7: Last Man Standing

This is the week Goliath takes on Goliath. The lesser known, but equally compelling, version of the classic tale.

We are in to week 7 of the NFL season and it is now that two 6-0 teams will face off with the possibility of an unbeaten season to both motivate and terrify. (Its actually quite nerve-racking being this good! For fear of losing - to a bad team being the biggest worry!)


In the blue corner we have my beloved keeper team, 'Rogers Mates' and in the red corner, a fierce rival, 'Deportido Immigrante'


For every elite player I throw at Rich, the owner,.... Aaron Rodgers, Demarius Thomas, Jamaal Charles... he boasts the equally dominant Andrew Luck, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall....


At every position we are finely matched; in fact the riches on display are quite unbelievable! 


In this matchup you will see key battles such as: 


A.Rodgers vs A.Luck

D.Bryant vs J.Jones
A.Brown vs B.Marshall
A.Foster vs L.Bell
J.J.Watt vs L.Kuechly
H.Smith vs K.Chancellor

There are however two areas of relative weakness where I see this being won and lost.


The battle of the TE's and DEF's


I will be without the injured Jimmy Graham, which would suggest that Deportido has the upper hand.... But in actuality, this is an area Deportido has been historically weak. Dwayne Allen is hardly dominating the league and with Gronkowski and Martellus Bennet on my roster behind Jimmy, my team has the edge here.


The DEF situation is a battle between a good match-up and a dominant defence. I've gone with the 'anyone playing the jags approach' (Cleveland this week) and Rich has the Denver D (vs San Fran). Denver have been in better form this season and so the jags performance, or lack thereof will be key to this one. In my mind we could both come out on top and so I'm thinking (hoping?) that this is a stalemate!


See below for the full line-ups. Which team would you prefer to have and if you had to pick, who will come out on top??


We will keep you up to date with the match-up in our upcoming podcasts so be sure to check them out and see if you were right!


Ikers, AKA Rogers Mates - (the team on the left!)


2 comments:

  1. Both with an empty K slot... lol. I was looking at Rich's team. I have no idea how he is 6-0. Poooooor RB's and TE depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikers should win... But fantasy can be unpredictable!

    ReplyDelete